The Wackett laboratory studies microbial enzymes and pathways for biocatalysis and biodegradation and helped build the Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database.
- Atrazine – Biocatalyst encapsulation and water treatment
- Cyanuric acid – Removal from swimming pool water
- Acrylamide – Treatment in foods and waters
- Aromatic hydrocarbons – Modeling and mechanisms
- Hydrocarbon biosynthesis – Enzyme structure and mechanisms
- Enzyme-based sensors for detecting toxicants
- Biodegradation relevant to hydraulic fracturing (fracking)
- Predicting biodegradation potential of enzymes and microbes
Cyanuric acid hydrolase - Paper in press – Cho, et al 2014, Crystal structure, PLOS ONE
Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) oxidation – Paper in press - Aukema, et al, 2014
Predicting biodegradation potential – New grant award with Professor Al Aksan
Bioremediation startup founded – Minnepura Technologies, Inc.